Is a tankless water heater right for you?
If you need to replace or upgrade your water heater, consider a tankless model. There are many benefits to going tankless, but the biggest benefit is Tankless water heaters provide an “on-demand” hot water supply. As cold water flows through the system, it is heated by gas or electricity until the tap is shut off. These heaters save space and cost less than a traditional water heater with a tank. Be prepared to spend more upfront for purchase and installation, but when used as directed, a tankless water heater will pay off in terms of your water and fuel bills. Before you made any decision, here are some of the pros and cons of tankless water heaters.
Tankless Water Heater Pros:
- Takes up less space than traditional water heater tanks
- Constant supply of hot water
- Energy efficiency and potentially lower energy bills
Tankless Water Heater Cons:
- Will not function during power outages (both gas and electric models)
- Limited hot water capacity under certain conditions (multiple users at one time)
- More expensive than traditional tank models
- Gas models require ventilation, which may require remodeling
Call Atlas Butler Plumbing
Tired of running out of hot water? A tankless water heater may be the solution. If you need to replace your existing water heater or are considering migrating to a tankless water heater, consult with the service pros at Atlas Butler Plumbing. Our sales team will help you determine which type of water heater is best for your home and family. We install Navien water heaters that are available in both electric and gas. Call us at 614-681-2183 to schedule an appointment. We have Central Ohio’s largest fleet of plumbing service vehicles and 24-hour access to parts and supplies, so your job is completed on time.